Sunday, February 6, 2011

Quality Diner of Fort Lauderdale Review

Its a ritual that takes place all over the USA:  a big Sunday morning breakfast! My buddy, Jay was raving about the "Quality Diner" of Wilton Manors. So, Mike and I decided to meet Jay at the "Quality" for a hearty breakfast after our morning run on Fort Lauderdale beach!
Over the years, I never got a chance to try this place out. The generic marquee sign with the standard pizza-box-caricature-chef turned me off....But to my surprise, the inside of the diner was modern, clean and well lit. The diner is Greek owned, so there are faux Doric columns and wonderful pictures of Greek villages that adorn the walls.
I tried the "turkey" omelet. I was quite happy with the omelet. According to the menu, all omelets are made with four eggs, and fresh ingredients. The turkey was fresh chunks of white turkey meat! The meal was accompanied by a side of home fries, wheat toast. Coffee was bottomless!!

My buddy Jay tried the "country fried steak" with homemade biscuit and gravy on the side.,....

All in all, the quality diner is good. Its a good value. Prices are moderate and actually relatively cheap during the weekdays with various specials. Menu is extensive with lunch and dinner with many "Greek-American" favorites. There is a turkey dinner special that I would like to try for only $9.95.


The Details:
1417 Northeast 26th Street
Wilton Manors, FL 33305
Telephone 954-564-2858
Prices are cheap to moderate. Located next to Wilton Station near "Five Points" in Wilton Manors. Servers are friendly and chatty. Will go again, just to try the turkey dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment