Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools??

Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart.
                                                       
- Victor Hugo

Mother Nature; she can be one mean mother. It's no joke, and it did snow, with several inches accumulating. The April Fool's nor'easter went through the gulf of Maine today and dumped a mix of slushy/heavy spring snow. Its quite a difference from last years weather in early April. While snow in April is not common, it is possible....We are scheduled to open up Ogunquit Beach Inn, this month for our 15th season.  

Perkins Cove draw bridge, a bit less travelled...

No jumping off of the bridge on this wintery like day....

Daunting waves belt the Marginal Way, yet there is quiet beauty in Mother Nature's spring surprise! Maine it's always an adventure! I think I will relax and enjoy the novelty of snow in April!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back, we are looking forward to seeing you both next Month. Wilton Manors seems very nice, I really enjoyed reading about your south Florida respite...but Summer in New England will soon be here, finally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I was whining about cool nights here down South. Hope your opening week goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back! Makes me feel like Spring and Summer are that much closer. I like the snowy Maine photos - I've often thought of going up in the middle of winter to see what everything looked like and take some winter pics... Looks bleak, but beautiful... - A.

    ReplyDelete