Saturday, December 24, 2011

'Twas la nochebuena...

Fue la Nochebuena all through the house,
not a creature was stirring not even los perros.
The stockings were hung by the palms with care,
in hopes that Papa Noel would soon be there.












I was nestled in my chaise by the pool, and ready for a swim,
as visions of helado danced in my head.
When all of sudden I sprang from my chair;
to the sight of eight tiny geckos dancing mid-air.


I rubbed my eyes and thought it was a tropical dream,
to see Papa Noel  appear in a palm tree.
He was dressed for surfing from head to toe
and carried a big sack that really glowed.

His face was happy and his beard was nicely trimmed;
his body a little round, which  made me look extra thin.
He glanced at me and nodded his cabeza,
as he danced around the patio y la piscina.


Without warning, he lifted his hand into the sack,
and filled the stockings with dulces y regalos rather fast!



And then he snapped his fingers and said:
Happy Christmas and Feliz Navidad to all, and to all a good night, ciao!







No comments:

Post a Comment