Friday, May 11, 2012

I am Thai Restaurant Review

There are many restaurants in Ogunquit. Every other year or so, a new restaurant appears on the Ogunquit landscape. This year it's "I am Thai".

I am Thai is more of a take-away kitchen as opposed to a fine dining establishment. However, the food is fine dining quality. Once a week, Michael and I like to get Thai take-out. Local folks here in Ogunquit  told me that this new "restaurant" had a Gluten Free menu, so decided to give it a try!


I am Thai is located above the Omelette Factory on US Route One/Main Street, about 3/10 mile north of the village centre. The building is a traditional "Cape Cod" house. The restaurant is more or less an open air kitchen with four little tables with folding chairs. It's also a mini variety store that sells convenience store items. The kitchen is very clean, and "Ami" ( one of the owners). Took my order and prepared the meal.



Both the menu and Ami were very clear what was Gluten Free. Ami was knowledgeable about preparing Gluten Free meals and very conscientious. I ordered the Green Curry Chicken dinner. The curry mixture had bamboo shoots, bell pepper, green peas, zucchini, string beans, broccoli  in a tangy sauce. Michael's meal was the traditional Pad Thai with Chicken and Shrimp.   I am Thai does not use MSG or hydrogenated oils.


The quality was very good, price was excellent and the quantity was plenty (we actually had leftovers). The menu states that all curries are served with white rice, but I opted for the brown rice.
The menu is extensive with many traditional Thai food featuring:  an assortment of fish, duck, chicken, pork, tofu and vegetarian dishes.

The Details:
I am Thai
422 Main Street ( US Route One)
Ogunquit, ME 03907
Telephone: 207.641.8881
Open from 11am to 9.30pm serving lunch and dinner
Quality: Good
Prices: Excellent ( for Ogunquit)

Traditional Thai take-away cuisine. MasterCard and Visa accepted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment